If you have been injured in a slip, trip or fall accident you may be entitled to compensation. You can make a claim for compensation at no cost to you. If you were injured in the street, a shop, restaurant or other public place as a result of a defect or other dangerous situation, you may be entitled to make a claim. Slips trips and falls can lead to serious, long-lasting injuries.
The most common injuries sustained following slips and trips include back injuries, ankle and knee injuries, head injuries, and also wrist injuries.
Slips and trips are often caused by:
- Wet floors
- Uneven flooring
- Cracked or uneven pavements and potholes
- Unexpected obstacles
- Inadequate lighting
- Ice or snow in areas that should have been cleared
As well as compensating you for the suffering and inconvenience you’ve experienced, slip and trip claims can help cover the costs of any medical treatment or physiotherapy you need, as well as compensating you for the income you lost as a result of taking time off work to recover.
An important part of our service is helping people understand their legal rights. If you’re unsure whether you can claim slip compensation, contact us.
Give Your Case Best Chance of Success
- To give your case the best chance of success it is good if you have:
- Noted down the details of your accident including:
- Date of accident
- Time of accident
- Location of accident
- Cause of accident
- Details of witnesses
- Reported the incident to the owner of the premises.
- Taken photographs and measurement of the defect where it took place.
- Visited the doctor or hospital to seek medical advice.